Currently, Michigan is under a quarantine to combat the spread of COVID-19. Think of it this way. Stay at home = Safe at home. How can we be entertained at home? Well, below are 5 ways to keep ourselves busy during this time.
- Avoid the pantry. (I say this as I snack on pretzels.) There is such a thing as bored eating. At least, now there is. It seems like the pantry is a popular place to visit. I mean, it is the closest thing to going out to eat, right?
- Read a book. Matter of fact, write a book if you’d like. This will keep your mind focused on other forms of entertainment aside from Netflix and social media. Staring at the television for 8+ hours does us no good.
- Go on a walk. Yes, going on a walk is perfectly acceptable! We have to work off the extra calories we are consuming somehow.
- Start a new hobby. Now is the time to begin that hobby you promised yourself you would start one day. Appreciate this time at home.
- Spend time around loves ones. If you do not live with family, Zoom ad FaceTime are alternatives. Our busy lives have kept us distracted from the most important and valuable things in life.
We are all in this together. If this pandemic has taught us one thing, it is the realization that we took things for granted. Please remember, stay at home = safe at home. Hopefully, our #stayinside survival guide has inspired you in some way.
Back to the pantry I go.